Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Outbid!

Once again I have been outbid for the book A Candle in her Room on eBay. I read this book several times as a young girl and had forgotten the name, but the plot stayed with me. It is about an evil doll named Dido that haunts three generations of girls in one family. I finally found out the name because I was searching for information about the singer "Dido". I found a web page that described the book, and realized it was the one I had been looking for.

I think I have tried to bid on this book 5 times now and each time I am outbid. I really don't want to spend more than $20 on it, including shipping, but it looks like I am going to have to if I really want to own it. Actually if I could just find it in a library I could just read it and be happy. It might not be the same any more, I mean it might not effect me the same way as it did as a child.

What bothers me about the bidders on eBay is that I am wondering if they want the book for personal reasons or because they know they might be able to sell it for a lot more. Not that it makes a difference, but it seems so mercenary if that is the case.

No comments: