Thursday, December 02, 2004

A Humbling Event

We have these really tiny but strong magnets that we use to hold things on our refrigerator. My son likes to play with them and has lost several of them over time. He was playing with a stack of 6 the other day and I recalled seeing them somewhere, but could not place it. Both my husband and I asked him where the magnets were, but my son said he could not remember.

Yesterday I saw them on the floor of the bathroom, but by the time I was finished in the bathroom I forgot to pick them up, they are tiny after all. Last night, I went to the bathroom just to get the magnets, but they were gone. I confronted my son and asked where he put them, that I knew he took them and put them somewhere. I was relentless and he denied it. I left it off, finally, but let him know I was upset and didn't believe him.

This morning after my shower, I reached to put on my bra and found, attached to the metal underwire part of the bra, the stack of 6 tiny magnets. I must have worn them all day long inside my bra. Gee.

How am I going to explain this to my son? It won't be easy. Maybe I just will pretend I found them on the floor.

2 comments:

spocko said...

My mom once punished all us kids because of a broken chair. We all claimed we didn't do it, but she punished us anyway. When my dad came home she told us why she had punished us all day. My dad said, "I did that, I forgot to tell you before I went to work."
Oh.

Boy did we go on about that. Her response, "Well that punishment was for stuff you got away with that I never caught you!"

BTW, I'll be on the look out for your review of The Time Traveler's Wife.

Cedar Waxwing said...

I just told my son that I found the magnets on the floor of the bathroom.

Will write my review of the Time Traveler's Wife soon.