Monday, October 13, 2003

Today was Columbus Day (Observed). It was also visiting day in Montgomery County Public Schools. Dean spent the first hour and a half or so with Clare at Pyle. I went to Andrew's Social Studies (or was it Science?) class where the students were building structures out of drinking straws and paperclips. Andrew's group had the tallest structure (the objective for the class). I felt a lot better about his (very young) teacher after seeing her in action.

The plan was that I would go to Bradley Hills and Dean would go to Pyle, but Dean showed up at Bradley Hills at math time and encouraged me to go to Pyle because it would make Clare happy. I did and it turns out that Dean was right. Clare was happy that I showed up. I got to observe her in art (she seemed lonely and sad) and in math where she seemed to be distracted.

No comments: